WalletGuruWritten on April 20th, 2021 by Dan Peluso
WalletGuru is a finance-based Reddit client designed to show users the most relevant information to their current account balance performance.
- Favorite posts to save in your phone’s local database
- Swipe posts away from the main feed
- Location based Subreddits
- Balance update with full ledger for display
- Open link posts in an external browser intent
- Link posts appear as webviews in expanded post view
- Adding accounts
Our supported financial account types include
- Real Estate
- Credit Card
Track any of these accounts to get Subreddits carefully selected to align with the topic of interest.
Location Based Finance Subreddits
Enable location permissions to allow for location-based finance subreddits to appear in your feed. Now supporting:
Running the project
Our app is dependent on the Kirk Bushman ARAW Library, which requires providing a client Reddit Id to use their API.
- Create a Reddit Account
- Create a new application on this page
- Copy the client ID
- Create a new file
- Add the following to your
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <resources> <string name="reddit_client_id">YOUR_CLIENT_ID</string> </resources>
Dan Feinberg for design help and recommendations
- Reddit API
- Room DB
- Location Services
Check out my project on Github!
Feel free to share!